Monday, April 7, 2008

Scotland Wide Workshop April 5th


Again i arrived around half 9, i wasn't intending to train or even stretch i was just keeping myself warm doing a few things untill the coaches arrived to sort it all out, well it started.

The first workout was really intense and very good, i was pleased with myself for completing it at the same time as everyone else.

After that i went to my first station with Mick, his section was concentrating on balancing, which i was not so good at, i did find a good way of getting onto the rail, though still not good at balancing myself to stay on it, i stayed on top for a total of 17 seconds, and managed to walk 12 steps.

The next conditioning section was even more intense and at this point i was starting to hurt but i pushed through it, i wasn't going to let this get the better of me, the very last thing i did was push up with a difference, when you get down to push yourself up, you wait for 30seconds then push yourself up, i was as close to the ground as i could get and i tried 2 or 3 times to get up and i couldn't, everyone else had done this already and i wasn't going to fail today, i took a deep breath and pushed as hard as i could, finally i had done it and got my 2 minute rest and then moved on.

My next sextion was with Zeno, his task i'm sure was climbing mostly, this was a good section, i worked on both my left and right sides to do the tasks set, only one thing was annoying me, i couldn't get any grip on the wall to "cat to climb-up" my feet kept slipping which worried me since i have Ariake shoes, supposed to have superior grip, we moved down to the rails to practice vaults, i was pretty good at this only one problem i had was the "french lazy" with my right leg going over my left, other than that i was ok.

The next conditioning was just as hard as the last, some things were really starting to hurt, but in a good way, i completed it and was happy with myself.

My next section was with Paul, he was working on foot-placement and precision, workong on 2 footed & single foot landings, left & right foot take off, it was really good and helped me with my landings.

The cool down was next with Bj ( Superman ), but it was really good and i did feel great after it, i wanted to stay longer and train a bit more, i did try a few things, but in the end i thought it best to go home and rest.

All in all the day was amamzing, thanks to all the GPK Coaching staff.

Everyone should appreciate the expericence that we have the oppertunity to take advantage of, obviously not in a bad way, but all of these guys are really good at parkour and they have made it their own choice to teach people the ture aspects of parkour in an arganized and more formal manner.

Grant, Zeno, Bj, Mick, Paul, Sean, Ryan, they are the guys who are going to make parkour in Glasgow a much better scene bringing in more people.

No comments: